Hana Haës Rosanova
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Atal
Haïs‘ debut proves the obvious: deep house sounds great in French. Of course, it never hurts a vocalist when Chicago house legend Larry Heard produces your first single; in this case, the understated, excellent "Il Parlait Pas FranÁais." Haïs also wrote all the tracks on the album, and her talent is obvious, from the expressive "Je Ne Veux Plus tre Ta Reine" to the accordion-driven "Rosa Nova." For the unconvinced, a second disc of remixes and dubs gives one last chance to appreciate her. It‘s hard to tell whether the album succeeds because of her voice or the impressive production values, but either way-it works.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player