Hana Haës Rosanova
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Atal
Haïs‘ debut proves the obvious: deep house sounds great in French. Of course, it never hurts a vocalist when Chicago house legend Larry Heard produces your first single; in this case, the understated, excellent "Il Parlait Pas FranÁais." Haïs also wrote all the tracks on the album, and her talent is obvious, from the expressive "Je Ne Veux Plus tre Ta Reine" to the accordion-driven "Rosa Nova." For the unconvinced, a second disc of remixes and dubs gives one last chance to appreciate her. It‘s hard to tell whether the album succeeds because of her voice or the impressive production values, but either way-it works.
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2014: Readers Poll
- FeatureXLR8R's Best of 2014: Releases (15 - 1)
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Midland, Nina Kraviz, our Best of 2014, and More
- MP3Rihanna "What's My Name? (Federation Remix feat. Vybz Kartel)"
- NewsWatch Mala Dig in John Peel's Record Collection
XLR8R Downloads Player