Hana Haës Rosanova
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Atal
Haïs‘ debut proves the obvious: deep house sounds great in French. Of course, it never hurts a vocalist when Chicago house legend Larry Heard produces your first single; in this case, the understated, excellent "Il Parlait Pas FranÁais." Haïs also wrote all the tracks on the album, and her talent is obvious, from the expressive "Je Ne Veux Plus tre Ta Reine" to the accordion-driven "Rosa Nova." For the unconvinced, a second disc of remixes and dubs gives one last chance to appreciate her. It‘s hard to tell whether the album succeeds because of her voice or the impressive production values, but either way-it works.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player