Hana Haës Rosanova
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Atal
Haïs‘ debut proves the obvious: deep house sounds great in French. Of course, it never hurts a vocalist when Chicago house legend Larry Heard produces your first single; in this case, the understated, excellent "Il Parlait Pas FranÁais." Haïs also wrote all the tracks on the album, and her talent is obvious, from the expressive "Je Ne Veux Plus tre Ta Reine" to the accordion-driven "Rosa Nova." For the unconvinced, a second disc of remixes and dubs gives one last chance to appreciate her. It‘s hard to tell whether the album succeeds because of her voice or the impressive production values, but either way-it works.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player