Hans Fjellestad Snails R Sexy
- Words: Stacy Meyn
- Label: Accretions
Based on Hans Fjellestad's eye-goggling tongue-lashing cover shots, Eastern medicine practitioners might worry for his health, but the L.A.-based musician filmmaker is quite sturdy-if his sound is any indication. Following Fjellestad's Robert Moog documentary, that synthesizer became Fjellestad's preferred weapon and Snails R Sexy echoes the machine's experimental analog brawn. This is the soundtrack for the occasionally rain-soaked streets of L.A. after dark, when the city hums and grinds behind glittery scenes. Fjellestad makes noise for the stout-hearted-his snails cuddle up to Sun Ra's keyboard explosions, Merzbow's drones, and Buckethead's string histrionics. Gloss these shells with '70s-era Krautrock and buff with Japanoise and Norwegian death metal (the subject of Fjellestad's next documentary), and they are dead sexy.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player