- Words: Rob Geary
- Label: Chocolate City
Let‘s face it: overtly political music is usually wack, and don‘t even talk to me about Cornel West. But now, Head-Roc is here to inherit the political rap mantle from Public Enemy, an appropriate position for this D.C. native. With an eye towards flow and hot, swinging beats, Head-Roc tackles issues as diverse as the legacy of slavery, modern day Black empowerment and imperialism from Christopher Columbus to George Bush without preaching or putting heads to bed. Noam Chomsky himself would dig Roc‘s whispered Ying-Yangian foray into the sticky politics of the Middle East on "Free Palestine"-somebody email him an mp3!
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- FeatureLabels We Love: 10 More of Our Favorite Labels, Plus Some Newcomers Worth Watching
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player