Hearts Of Darknesses Music For Drunk Driving
- Words: John Dark
- Label: Schematic-Asphodel
I want to like this CD, with its jauntily drawn cover of dinosaur skeletons frolicking on a bright-colored tundra and being dive-bombed by dead pterodactyls. And let it not be said that I don't like the idea of mutant gabber sutured together with dance punk, glitch and sampler noise. But to be perfectly honest with you, listening to Music For Drunk Driving's 24 tracks-more like minute-long soundbites, really-is like having someone shove hot pokers in your ears while pulling off your toenails one by one. In other words, it's full of sounds that only a stegosaurus in a k-hole could love.
- PodcastGerd Janson
- FeatureReal Talk: Hieroglyphic Being on His Unorthodox DJ Style, Muscle Mirroring, and Why the Whole Thing Is a Big Cosmic Joke
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Caribou, Todd Terje, Gerd Janson, and More
- ReviewFantastic Mr Fox "You Turn"
XLR8R Downloads Player