Hecker PV Tracks
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Mego
Florian Hecker is a leading man among the computer music enthusiasts, deservedly winning the 2003 Prix Ars Electronica for his last full-length, Sun Pandamonium. PV Tracks, on the other hand, could use some mincing. It does not, on any level, work as an LP-it's entirely shapeless at the macro level, utterly engaging at the micro. The amorphousness of the whole detracts from the component parts, even as you engage it more intensely, but try not to let this take away from the runic and spectral qualities of the sound Hecker conjures on the most profoundly space-cosmic album I've heard this year.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player