Hecker PV Tracks
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Mego
Florian Hecker is a leading man among the computer music enthusiasts, deservedly winning the 2003 Prix Ars Electronica for his last full-length, Sun Pandamonium. PV Tracks, on the other hand, could use some mincing. It does not, on any level, work as an LP-it's entirely shapeless at the macro level, utterly engaging at the micro. The amorphousness of the whole detracts from the component parts, even as you engage it more intensely, but try not to let this take away from the runic and spectral qualities of the sound Hecker conjures on the most profoundly space-cosmic album I've heard this year.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player