Hecker PV Tracks
- Words: J. David Marston
- Label: Mego
Florian Hecker is a leading man among the computer music enthusiasts, deservedly winning the 2003 Prix Ars Electronica for his last full-length, Sun Pandamonium. PV Tracks, on the other hand, could use some mincing. It does not, on any level, work as an LP-it's entirely shapeless at the macro level, utterly engaging at the micro. The amorphousness of the whole detracts from the component parts, even as you engage it more intensely, but try not to let this take away from the runic and spectral qualities of the sound Hecker conjures on the most profoundly space-cosmic album I've heard this year.
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player