The Herbaliser Take London
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Ninja Tune
With over a decade of work and a handful of albums, the UK‘s The Herbaliser still has yet to really catch on in the States. Taking over London isn‘t a bad idea for now, but they‘re capable of more. If all goes well, the addition of MC Jean Grae on numerous tracks will help them awake the majority of sleepy American hip-hoppers. However, whether they have an MC on board or not, The Herbaliser‘s cinematic blend of organic jazz and funk makes for an enjoyable and often suspenseful listen. Take London is soundtrack-worthy hip-hop for the new millennium.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- MP3Juan Ramos "The Mariner"
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player