The Herbalizer Generals
- Words: Al Boogie
- Label: Ninja Tune
Herbalizer is a dope Brit production duo, but man, this song is a mess. Six MCs (with dubious names like Trap Clappa and Cheech Marina) are crammed on a four-minute track fluttering with '60s big band jazz samples. One MC, Daddy Mills, talks some generic gangsta prose irrespective of the song's theme, while 12-year-old rapette MacGuyver basically explains that she's 12, and raps. Not even Jean Grae's wordplay can save these generals from losing the battle.
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player