The Herbalizer Generals
- Words: Al Boogie
- Label: Ninja Tune
Herbalizer is a dope Brit production duo, but man, this song is a mess. Six MCs (with dubious names like Trap Clappa and Cheech Marina) are crammed on a four-minute track fluttering with '60s big band jazz samples. One MC, Daddy Mills, talks some generic gangsta prose irrespective of the song's theme, while 12-year-old rapette MacGuyver basically explains that she's 12, and raps. Not even Jean Grae's wordplay can save these generals from losing the battle.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player