Hey Willpower Pda
- Words: Steve Marchese
- Label: Tomlab
Even the most profoundly idiotic black-out drunkenness results in some small lesson learned. And with the perspective gained by electroclash's final, much-anticipated demise, we can now shamelessly enjoy-without the least bit of irony-the merits of a record like Hey Willpower's PDA. The San Francisco group, made up of former Imperial Teen singer Will Schwartz and producer Tomo, is unabashedly pious to Prince, Cameo, and other icons of the eclectronic '80s, when electro, freestyle, and pop gleefully top-rocked in sweat-drenched unison. Like devout contemporaries The National Trust and Chromeo, Schwartz references "Cars That Go Boom"–not in an ironic, white-label mash-up kind of way, but more as an homage by someone who actually rocked the original in a parking lot 20 years ago. At least, we hope that's the reason.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- NewsListen to Huxley's Upcoming Debut LP, 'Blurred'
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player