Hi-Tek Hi-Teknology: The Chip
- Words: James Mayo
- Label: Babygrande
Hi-Tek has expanded his portfolio since creating classics with Talib Kweli and Mos Def. On this sophomore release, he demonstrates why artists as diverse as 50 Cent and Common have enlisted his production skills. Hi-Tek's beats sound as soulful behind Bun B and Devin the Dude as they do backing Nas and Common. On "Josephine," Tek gets eclectic, with Ghostface dropping the similes, while his father, mother, and uncle-as the Willie Cottrell Band-play the blues. But it's when he's reunited with Kweli, on "Can We Go Back," that Tek shines by showing listeners he hasn't forsaken his roots.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player