Hi-Tek Hi-Teknology: The Chip
- Words: James Mayo
- Label: Babygrande
Hi-Tek has expanded his portfolio since creating classics with Talib Kweli and Mos Def. On this sophomore release, he demonstrates why artists as diverse as 50 Cent and Common have enlisted his production skills. Hi-Tek's beats sound as soulful behind Bun B and Devin the Dude as they do backing Nas and Common. On "Josephine," Tek gets eclectic, with Ghostface dropping the similes, while his father, mother, and uncle-as the Willie Cottrell Band-play the blues. But it's when he's reunited with Kweli, on "Can We Go Back," that Tek shines by showing listeners he hasn't forsaken his roots.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- NewsStream a Track from Locked Groove's Upcoming EP
- GearArtist Tips: Addison Groove Shares Five of His Production Secrets
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player