Hidden Cameras Awoo
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Arts & Crafts
Hallelujah! Or should I say, holy fuck! If there's anything to know about Toronto's premier homosexual folk-pop chorale, it's that either phrase can apply. Principal songwriter Joel Gibb and his troupe-up to 16 members outfitted with guitars, violins, glockenspiel, drum machines, church bells, and organ-make an orchestral racket that's formulaic while completely subverting formula. Not every song on Awoo will make you whoop, but the tender conviction of "Follow These Eyes" and the reaffirming gospel of "Death of a Tune" will make you want to join the chorus.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
XLR8R Downloads Player