Hidden Cameras Awoo
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Arts & Crafts
Hallelujah! Or should I say, holy fuck! If there's anything to know about Toronto's premier homosexual folk-pop chorale, it's that either phrase can apply. Principal songwriter Joel Gibb and his troupe-up to 16 members outfitted with guitars, violins, glockenspiel, drum machines, church bells, and organ-make an orchestral racket that's formulaic while completely subverting formula. Not every song on Awoo will make you whoop, but the tender conviction of "Follow These Eyes" and the reaffirming gospel of "Death of a Tune" will make you want to join the chorus.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player