Hidden Cameras Awoo
- Words: Rachel Shimp
- Label: Arts & Crafts
Hallelujah! Or should I say, holy fuck! If there's anything to know about Toronto's premier homosexual folk-pop chorale, it's that either phrase can apply. Principal songwriter Joel Gibb and his troupe-up to 16 members outfitted with guitars, violins, glockenspiel, drum machines, church bells, and organ-make an orchestral racket that's formulaic while completely subverting formula. Not every song on Awoo will make you whoop, but the tender conviction of "Follow These Eyes" and the reaffirming gospel of "Death of a Tune" will make you want to join the chorus.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player