High Priest Born Identity
- Words: Matt Earp
- Label: Sound-Ink
- XLR8R Rating: 9/10
High Priest, formerly of Anti-Pop Consortium and Airborn Audio, finally unleashes his solo album, running his trademark deep-voiced flows over some truly bizarre but wonderfully outsider hip-hop. Like MF Doom on LSD crossed with a digital Sun Ra, Priest's lurching beats, overdriven samples, and snake-like synths never lose the groove, ultimately making this the strangest post-APC release yet. He sounds like a tottering drunk preaching in a forgotten music store on Mars. A thing of terrible beauty by one of the decade's most amazing MCs.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player