Hint Portkabin Fever
- Words: Philip Sherburne
- Label: Hombre/Ninja Tune
Sussex's Hint-a.k.a. Jonathan James-gets well pastoral on his debut album, mixing up lazy breaks with porch-appropriate guitars (including some slide action that wouldn't sound out of place on a Lambchop record) and chirpy, naïve harmonies. A bit like Four Tet, Minotaur Shock, and Bonobo, Hint proves that there's ample room for acoustic instruments in "electronic music"-even an oboe gets scratched into the mix of the chamber-music-sampling "Why the Top Ten Sucks in 2002." Had the album made it to shelves by December 31 last year, the answer to the question that song title poses might have been very different indeed.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player