Holy Fuck LP
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Young Turks
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Toronto’s Holy Fuck creates dance music that careens off the grid yet possesses a ragtag sense of discipline. They rock some primitive hardware, whose “flaws” outshine software’s precision, summoning torrents of pinwheeling turbulence. Siphoning some exclamatory vigor off of !!! (but minus the sing-along choruses), Holy Fuck galvanizes with rambunctious grooves that’ll make you shake your Can and cause you to wonder why more techno doesn’t fizz with this kind of raw, triumphant energy. “The Pulse” and “Safari” max out Holy Fuck’s monumental motorik mayhem; those and many other tracks here should be scoring highlight footage of the next Olympics. Like some ultimate soundtrack to multitasking and overachieving, LP makes Primal Scream’s XTRMNTR sound anemic and renders energy drinks redundant.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player