Holy Fuck LP
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Young Turks
- XLR8R Rating: 8/10
Toronto’s Holy Fuck creates dance music that careens off the grid yet possesses a ragtag sense of discipline. They rock some primitive hardware, whose “flaws” outshine software’s precision, summoning torrents of pinwheeling turbulence. Siphoning some exclamatory vigor off of !!! (but minus the sing-along choruses), Holy Fuck galvanizes with rambunctious grooves that’ll make you shake your Can and cause you to wonder why more techno doesn’t fizz with this kind of raw, triumphant energy. “The Pulse” and “Safari” max out Holy Fuck’s monumental motorik mayhem; those and many other tracks here should be scoring highlight footage of the next Olympics. Like some ultimate soundtrack to multitasking and overachieving, LP makes Primal Scream’s XTRMNTR sound anemic and renders energy drinks redundant.
- NewsWatch the Wild New Video for "Tsekeleke," Nozinja's First Shangaan Electro Outing for Warp
- NewsWatch the Geometric Video for Sculpture's "Hackle Scam Populator"
- NewsCheck Out a Playlist of the Top 100 Paradise Garage Tracks
- FeatureLocals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- NewsDownload New Edits from Karizma
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player