Horace Andy & Mad Professor From The Roots: Horace Andy Meets Mad Professor
- Words: Ross Hogg
- Label: Ras
Horace Andy teams up with the legendary Mad Professor on 14 new tracks with horns by Dean Fraser and drums and bass by Mafia & Fluxy and the legendary Sly & Robbie. Mad Professor‘s modern adaptations of roots reggae suit Andy best (much better than the light jump-up of "Girl Don‘t Come," where Andy sounds lost). His voice, which has aged well, is as righteous as ever on rootsy tunes like "Babylon Bridge" and "The Bingy Man" and fits perfectly with the steppers sound of "Don‘t Beat Her" and the heavily dubbed "Change Your Ways."
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player