Horace Andy & Mad Professor From The Roots: Horace Andy Meets Mad Professor
- Words: Ross Hogg
- Label: Ras
Horace Andy teams up with the legendary Mad Professor on 14 new tracks with horns by Dean Fraser and drums and bass by Mafia & Fluxy and the legendary Sly & Robbie. Mad Professor‘s modern adaptations of roots reggae suit Andy best (much better than the light jump-up of "Girl Don‘t Come," where Andy sounds lost). His voice, which has aged well, is as righteous as ever on rootsy tunes like "Babylon Bridge" and "The Bingy Man" and fits perfectly with the steppers sound of "Don‘t Beat Her" and the heavily dubbed "Change Your Ways."
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Rubadub
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player