Horsepower Productions To the Rescue
- Words: Vivian Host
- Label: Tempa
London trio Horsepower Productions seems to occupy a unique space in the UK garage scene where they can make whatever they want and not get flak for it. This is a good thing, as Horsepower's second full-length, To The Rescue, is in a genre by itself. I'd like to call it dripcore, as the constant between the ten tracks is oozing, dubbed-out Depth Charge-style bass, which snakes its way through bumpy drums, beating congas and curious African and Middle-Eastern touches. This is real jungle music-of the Heart of Darkness variety-but while tracks like "Golden Nugget" and "Synbad" could shake backsides, To The Rescue isn't purpose-built for the two-step dancefloor. Rather, place yourself between the bass speakers, smoke ten spliffs, and take your brain to another dimension.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player