Horsepower Productions To the Rescue
- Words: Vivian Host
- Label: Tempa
London trio Horsepower Productions seems to occupy a unique space in the UK garage scene where they can make whatever they want and not get flak for it. This is a good thing, as Horsepower's second full-length, To The Rescue, is in a genre by itself. I'd like to call it dripcore, as the constant between the ten tracks is oozing, dubbed-out Depth Charge-style bass, which snakes its way through bumpy drums, beating congas and curious African and Middle-Eastern touches. This is real jungle music-of the Heart of Darkness variety-but while tracks like "Golden Nugget" and "Synbad" could shake backsides, To The Rescue isn't purpose-built for the two-step dancefloor. Rather, place yourself between the bass speakers, smoke ten spliffs, and take your brain to another dimension.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player