Housemeister Who Is That Noize
Can a techno album sound like a puppy? Because Housemeister‘s Who Is That Noize is just that playful. Housemeister packs this album with plenty of buzzing synths and weirdly processed vocals (“What You Want”) and cheery bloops (on the Kylie Minogue-ish “Hallo Lieblingsmench”). Most impressive, though, is that Housemeister has mostly done all this without being insufferably twee. The album does sacrifice depth to stay constantly kinetic, which can be exhilarating (“Hifi Positiv”) or irritating (“Gorilla Marketing”), depending on your mood. And if the record as a whole never feels particularly ambitious, it stays consistently fun.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
XLR8R Downloads Player