Housemeister Who Is That Noize
Can a techno album sound like a puppy? Because Housemeister‘s Who Is That Noize is just that playful. Housemeister packs this album with plenty of buzzing synths and weirdly processed vocals (“What You Want”) and cheery bloops (on the Kylie Minogue-ish “Hallo Lieblingsmench”). Most impressive, though, is that Housemeister has mostly done all this without being insufferably twee. The album does sacrifice depth to stay constantly kinetic, which can be exhilarating (“Hifi Positiv”) or irritating (“Gorilla Marketing”), depending on your mood. And if the record as a whole never feels particularly ambitious, it stays consistently fun.
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Ben UFO
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player