Howie B, Crispin Hunt & Will O'Donovan Mayonnaise
- Words: Stacy Meyn
- Label: LunaticWorks
Mayonnaise...that cool, refreshing drink. The white-folks staple gets mildly grooved-on courtesy of Scottish ?berproducer Howie B and his best mates. Former Longpigs frontman/current political reformist Crispin Hunt and Will O'Donovan (think Irish Howie B) juggle slightly distracted vocals over smooth and creamy beatz. The echoes of the dead and nearly so (John Lennon, David Bowie, Peter Gabriel-era Genesis, Daniel Lanois, Sting) careen over a proggish base of shifting melodies and "harmonizing guys" effects. Like its namesake, the flavoring is subtle, so no big beats or blowsy vox posturing here. A little mellow for my taste, but it's good to cleanse the palate occasionally.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player