Howie B, Crispin Hunt & Will O'Donovan Mayonnaise
- Words: Stacy Meyn
- Label: LunaticWorks
Mayonnaise...that cool, refreshing drink. The white-folks staple gets mildly grooved-on courtesy of Scottish ?berproducer Howie B and his best mates. Former Longpigs frontman/current political reformist Crispin Hunt and Will O'Donovan (think Irish Howie B) juggle slightly distracted vocals over smooth and creamy beatz. The echoes of the dead and nearly so (John Lennon, David Bowie, Peter Gabriel-era Genesis, Daniel Lanois, Sting) careen over a proggish base of shifting melodies and "harmonizing guys" effects. Like its namesake, the flavoring is subtle, so no big beats or blowsy vox posturing here. A little mellow for my taste, but it's good to cleanse the palate occasionally.
- NewsRecondite Announces Upcoming LP for Innervisions, Streams New Track
- NewsWatch a Short Documentary with Jeff Mills
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearArtist Tips: Peter Van Hoesen on How to Listen More Effectively
- NewsSBTRKT Drops Video for "New Dorp. New York"
XLR8R Downloads Player