- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: K2
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Having played a major role in defining the character of Kompakt sublabel K2, John Dahlbäck does the debut LP honors for the label and pounds some serious dancefloor in the process. While Heroes revisits some of Hug's earlier K2 tracks ("The Platform," "Fluteorgie"), his new work is equally killer. "Tactic Without Practice" and "My Dinosaur" are guaranteed fist-raisers, replete with gnarly seismic bass and gritty mechanical backslaps, while "Tiny Stars" and the title cut augment the punchy, minimal flow with a melodic, late-morning caress that will really hit home with fans of old-school X-Trax.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player