Human Race Human Race
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Re-Joint
Re-Joint, the re-issue sub of San Francisco's Dis-Joint label, unearths this spare, funky little 1971 gem from this obscure Miami five-piece otherwise known as the Miami Soul Review. The title track is almost garage band-like in its structure, with congas, yeah-yeah vocals and a twangy two-note guitar slide leading the way. On the flip's sly, Meters-ish "Grey Boy," saxophonist/bandleader Mike Edell strings a night-clubby melody line through the proceedings, rounding out a satisfying document.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player