I'm Not a Gun Everything At Once
- Words: Dave Stenton
- Label: City Centre Offices
He's a slippery character, that John Tejada. Just when you think you've got a hold on where he's coming from-along comes another project, or alias, and he wriggles free. Everything At Once, sees the prolific producer pair up with guitarist and bassist Takeshi Nishimoto-with heavily folk-accented electronica the end result. Perhaps ironically, on an album dominated by subtlety and soft swathes of sound, the urgent "Make Sense And Loose"-where the guitar is underpinned by sharp beats and distorted bass growls-proves a standout, and a possible hit on the more adventurous dancefloor.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player