I Am X Kiss And Swallow
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Recall
Kiss and Swallow, the debut solo effort from Sneaker Pimps' Chris Corner, is excellently produced. It also wears its influences on its sleeve, coming off as both over-conceived and over-indulgent. While there are certainly some good dancefloor moments amidst this flashback to the NIN/EBM/Cabaret Voltaire days, one can't help thinking there's a bit more ego-stroking going on here than is absolutely necessary. We know, we know, musicians are megalomaniacs, but a little less studio sheen and a little more grit could have brought this project to its full potential.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player