I Am X Kiss And Swallow
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Recall
Kiss and Swallow, the debut solo effort from Sneaker Pimps' Chris Corner, is excellently produced. It also wears its influences on its sleeve, coming off as both over-conceived and over-indulgent. While there are certainly some good dancefloor moments amidst this flashback to the NIN/EBM/Cabaret Voltaire days, one can't help thinking there's a bit more ego-stroking going on here than is absolutely necessary. We know, we know, musicians are megalomaniacs, but a little less studio sheen and a little more grit could have brought this project to its full potential.
- FeatureDekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- NewsWatch a New Video for Fatima's "Rest in Peace"
- NewsIkonika Streams New Track from Upcoming Hyperdub EP, Drops New Mix
- MP3Remote "Alcyone (Matt Walsh Remix)"
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- Record Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
XLR8R Downloads Player