I Am X Kiss And Swallow
- Words: Alexander Posell
- Label: Recall
Kiss and Swallow, the debut solo effort from Sneaker Pimps' Chris Corner, is excellently produced. It also wears its influences on its sleeve, coming off as both over-conceived and over-indulgent. While there are certainly some good dancefloor moments amidst this flashback to the NIN/EBM/Cabaret Voltaire days, one can't help thinking there's a bit more ego-stroking going on here than is absolutely necessary. We know, we know, musicians are megalomaniacs, but a little less studio sheen and a little more grit could have brought this project to its full potential.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player