I:Cube Chicago Sur Seine
- Words: Roar Shack
- Label: Versatile
I:Cube is a chameleon from Paris who merges modern electronics with retro dance, and blurs the boundaries between house, techno, ‘80s music, and broken beat. That eclecticism is on display on here, illustrated by an analog synth-saturated ode to early Chicago house. With its churning retro keys and flying hi-hats, "Sur Seine" could snare errant Goths or haute fashionistas alike. "Tokyo Uno" indulges in languid Miami Vice-era dance hues, while appropriately employing Yellow Magic Orchestra melodies.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsListen to Tin Man's Upcoming 'Ode' LP
- NewsWatch Holly Herndon's Video for New Single, "Home"
- NewsHear a New Remix from Joy Orbison
- NewsSBTRKT Releases Interactive Video for "Look Away"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player