I‘m Not a Gun We Think as Instruments
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: City Centre Offices
Aqueous electro-coustic composition is more often than not relegated to the "chill out" bin. To place I'm Not a Gun in that category would be shortsighted, however. Sure, initially there is plumed poise, but this project of John Tejada and Takeshi Nishimoto has a rustling undercurrent that may be crisp but never chills. Much the way a spider's fragile filaments compound into a deceptively deadly snare, there is a crepuscular wooziness to the svelte programming and spacious seven-string pluck that finally tightens into something almost predatory by album's end.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player