I‘m Not a Gun We Think as Instruments
- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: City Centre Offices
Aqueous electro-coustic composition is more often than not relegated to the "chill out" bin. To place I'm Not a Gun in that category would be shortsighted, however. Sure, initially there is plumed poise, but this project of John Tejada and Takeshi Nishimoto has a rustling undercurrent that may be crisp but never chills. Much the way a spider's fragile filaments compound into a deceptively deadly snare, there is a crepuscular wooziness to the svelte programming and spacious seven-string pluck that finally tightens into something almost predatory by album's end.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player