I-Wolf I-Wolf and Burdy Meet the Babylonians
- Words: Selena Hsu
- Label: Klein
I-Wolf and Burdy didnít just eat a canary, theyíve swallowed a whole avian dub dance party. Meet the Babylonians squawks like a chicken coop soundclash. It trills and quacks and warbles across the murky downbeats; under Joice Munizí voice on ìUm Prazer‘ you can practically hear the funky coo of a doo-wop dove. Animal and eclectic, I-Wolf (of Viennaís Sofa Surfers) and Burdy (of the UKís Baby Mammoth) have assembled an album of perky, strutting and warped-to-high-hell reggae complete with the oddest twists, including some Phillip Glass-like chimes and a smattering of languages from around the world. This polyglot does the funkiest chicken on the block.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player