- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Bubble Core
Igloo's name betrays the methods by which it was made-this self-titled record is made up of tracks composed in a state of isolation, of near-hibernation. This is work in its embryonic stage, brought to life in a place of comfort, warmth and shelter and beguiling in its innocent, folky charm. A side project of New York's Adam Pierce (Mice Parade, HiM, Swirlies) and Munich's Doro Tachler (Mice Parade, Alles Wie Gross), Igloo is imbued with the crisp, chiming enchantment you'd come to expect from such a pair, as well as some captivating multicultural croon. Although Igloo lacks any form of explorative percussion, its serenades do have a National Geographic stateliness in their serene sweep.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player