- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Bubble Core
Igloo's name betrays the methods by which it was made-this self-titled record is made up of tracks composed in a state of isolation, of near-hibernation. This is work in its embryonic stage, brought to life in a place of comfort, warmth and shelter and beguiling in its innocent, folky charm. A side project of New York's Adam Pierce (Mice Parade, HiM, Swirlies) and Munich's Doro Tachler (Mice Parade, Alles Wie Gross), Igloo is imbued with the crisp, chiming enchantment you'd come to expect from such a pair, as well as some captivating multicultural croon. Although Igloo lacks any form of explorative percussion, its serenades do have a National Geographic stateliness in their serene sweep.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player