- Words: Tony Ware
- Label: Bubble Core
Igloo's name betrays the methods by which it was made-this self-titled record is made up of tracks composed in a state of isolation, of near-hibernation. This is work in its embryonic stage, brought to life in a place of comfort, warmth and shelter and beguiling in its innocent, folky charm. A side project of New York's Adam Pierce (Mice Parade, HiM, Swirlies) and Munich's Doro Tachler (Mice Parade, Alles Wie Gross), Igloo is imbued with the crisp, chiming enchantment you'd come to expect from such a pair, as well as some captivating multicultural croon. Although Igloo lacks any form of explorative percussion, its serenades do have a National Geographic stateliness in their serene sweep.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player