Incognito On the Road (Danny Krivit Re-Edit)
- Words: Ron Nachmann
- Label: Ibadan
Body and Soul resident Krivit follows up his treatment of Aretha Franklin in his re-edit series with this smooth yet jumpy New York-style bossa treatment of this classic from the prime players in acid jazz's first wave. The Brazilian environment works wonderfully, especially in the vocal/keyboard trade-offs and percussion breakdowns in the middle.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with DVS1, Aphex Twin, Dntel, and More
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player