Infamous Mobb Reality Rap
- Words: James Mayo
- Label: Sure Shot
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
From Marley Marl to Nas, the notorious Queensbridge projects have sired many legends. On their third release, Infamous Mobb also shows their QB pedigree. If you like your rap gritty, you’ll appreciate Nitty, Gambino, and G.O.D.‘s tales of growing up in America’s largest housing projects. Despite the aptly titled “That Smell” (that smell is Chipmunk’d Skynyrd) the trio is backed by impressive producers, new (Steve Sola) and established (Alchemist). Erick Sermon laces the ominous “Betti Bye Bye,” while longtime affiliates Mobb Deep also show up on the Havoc-produced “Blauu!” and the Prodigy-assisted “Handle Ya Business.” But the group shines best on “Music 4 the User,” when they reveal the sensitivity beneath the harsh exterior of their reality raps.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsStream Shenoda's New 'Who Ver?' EP for ManMakeMusic
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player