Infinite Livez vs. Stade Morgan Freeman’s Psychedelic Semen
- Words: Max Herman
- Label: Big Dada
- XLR8R Rating: 4.5/10
Infinite Livez’s hip-hop is an acquired taste. The British MC has a sometimes-decent delivery and sports an undeniable imagination, but his avant-garde approach can be a hindrance. Working for a second time with Swiss production team Stade, here the rhymer creates tracks that have respectable elements yet ultimately are too deranged to be dope. On the eerie, metal-tinged “Slack Babbath,” he doesn’t really even rap–he just makes incoherent noises. To Stade’s credit, as bizarre as these tracks can be, their beat work usually has a solid base. And at times Infinite Livez can be an impressive leftfield MC (“Hoxton Smoothie,” “Track Ten”). On the whole, though, there’s not enough focus to provide a quality listen.
- FeatureLabels You Love: The Top 20 Labels, As Voted by XLR8R Readers
- NewsListen to Slam's Upcoming 'Reverse Proceed' LP for Soma
- NewsLegowelt and Willie Burns Launch Bizarre Online TV Show; Watch the First Episode Now
- NewsCheck Out a New Mix from Mount Kimbie
- MP3Line Idle "Woodblock (Automatic Tasty Remix)"
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
- October 20: MUTEK.MX with Andy Stott, The Bug, Roman Flügel, Objekt, Laurel Halo, Oneohtrix Point Never, and More
- November 5: Club to Club with Caribou, SBTRKT, Recondite, Marcel Dettmann, Clark, Vessel, Luke Vibert, Jacques Greene, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player