Intex Systems Research And Development
- Words: Jason Leder
- Label: Covert Operations
James Clements is known for his innovative and nuanced drum & bass releases under the name ASC. But as Intex Systems, all bets are off. You might find a hint of D&B within these 18 tracks, but Research and Development is by no means a dance record. Instead, breakbeat elements seem to float in and out like parts of a barely remembered dream, and lush pads give way to ticking beats and far-away melodies, which terminate in effects straight from Blade Runner. Reminiscent of Future Sounds of London or early Aphex Twin, R&D is an impressive achievement.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player