Intrusion The Seduction of Silence
- Words: Tim Saputo
- Label: Echochord
- XLR8R Rating: 9/10
Far from a routine exercise in dub techno, The Seduction of Silence slowly reveals itself as a warm and wonderful place to be. Crafted by Stephen Hitchell (half of Deepchord), the album is defined by its warmth, space, and strong, slow builds. Muscular, dubwise basslines coil around the tunes, weaving distant African percussion, sub-bass kicks, melodica, and dub-chord waves into timeless, pulsing grooves. At times recalling Pole’s and Rhythm & Sound’s best work, the music culls from those artists’ best aspects while still maintaining a fresh and unique sound. Seduction looks outside the standard Maurizio cohort, as Hitchell prefers to channel King Tubby swimming alone at night.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDefected Announces Masters at Work Anthology
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsTerekke Preps New EP for L.I.E.S., Streams Title Track
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- Nothing Is True, Everything Is Permitted: Wolfgang Voigt, Lawrence English, and Others Ponder the State of Ambient Music
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player