Ivan Smagghe Live at Robert Johnson Volume 3
As a former member of the genre-bending Black Strobe, Ivan Smagghe's contribution to the popular Robert Johnson mix series suitably features an eclectic selection of different dance music styles, from the hypnotic minimal sexiness of the Wighnomy Brothers to the campy disco revival of In Flagranti. While employing this sort of catholic selecting technique is laudable, the individual tracks here have such personality that the overall feel is one of scattered incohesiveness. It's not that the tracks aren't mixed well—they're mixed expertly, in fact—but all of the pieces are so big and different that they cancel each other out. Smagghe is an excellent DJ, but this mix is not his best work.
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
- NewsListen to Bodhi's New Single for Ten Thousand Yen
XLR8R Downloads Player