Jónsi & Alex Riceboy Sleeps
Though they’ve opted to release their debut album under their own names, the Riceboy Sleeps moniker is a longstanding one, under which Jon Por Birgisson and collaborative/romantic partner Alex Somers have staged exhibitions and published an eponymous book. The latter has collected processed drawings and found photographs (silhouettes of birds, prints of trees, images of children balancing on stilts), back-grounded by decayed paper stocks in desaturated sepias and blues. This adorable album provides the perfect audio accompaniment, as the duo partially draws on the atmospheres of Sigur Ros but denude Birgisson’s usual band of its rock textures and dynamics in favor of torpidity and slumber. Riceboy Sleeps sounds like a labor of love.
- NewsRBMA to Launch Video Game Music Documentary Series Featuring Flying Lotus, Kode9, and More; Watch the Trailer Now
- NewsStream Dark Sky's Upcoming Debut LP for Monkeytown
- GearAsk the Experts: Om Unit
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsTadd Mullinix Launches Bopside Label, Preps Inaugural Release as JTC
XLR8R Downloads Player