J-Spool The Wave Machine
- Words: Dave Stenton
- Label: Nature
Too many electronic imprints view innovation as being of overall importance-not so Nature, Marco Passarani's consistently impressive label. Nature artists aren't backward when it comes to pushing forward; instead, they retain an idiosyncratic quality that makes their music not just revolutionary, but rewarding to listen to. The Wave Machine, produced by Londoners James Dean and Mat Cohen, is the perfect example: introspective, late-night licks (usually complimented by vocalist Martha Tilston) accompany more immediate, invigorating grooves, but nothing is over-complicated just for the sake of it.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsHear Dntel's Upcoming LP for Leaving/Stones Throw
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player