J-Spool The Wave Machine
- Words: Dave Stenton
- Label: Nature
Too many electronic imprints view innovation as being of overall importance-not so Nature, Marco Passarani's consistently impressive label. Nature artists aren't backward when it comes to pushing forward; instead, they retain an idiosyncratic quality that makes their music not just revolutionary, but rewarding to listen to. The Wave Machine, produced by Londoners James Dean and Mat Cohen, is the perfect example: introspective, late-night licks (usually complimented by vocalist Martha Tilston) accompany more immediate, invigorating grooves, but nothing is over-complicated just for the sake of it.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player