J-Zone A Job Ain't Nuthin' But Work
- Words: Rachel Swan
- Label: Fatbeats
Like Ill Bill, J-Zone is a guilty pleasure-the fact that he takes delight in rapping about the most morally reprehensible behavior possible is part of his charm. While J-Zone's persistent references to his third leg might grate on your nerves, his confrontational sense of humor results in some pretty great punchlines, creative disses ("A Friendly Game of Basketball") and gut-busting shout-outs to his "ugly niggas worldwide" ("Kill Pretty"). As for funky beats, A Job Ain't Nuthin' But Work improves on last year's $ick of Bein' Rich, especially on the bouncy opening track, "$poiled Rotten," and the chorus of "Disco Ho."
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player