James Zabiela Sound In Motion
- Words: Tim Pratt
- Label: Hooj
Once in a while you run across an unknown DJ who rocks your ass off and you wonder, "Why is he/she still toiling in obscurity?" No such questions came to mind, however, while listening to the UK label Hooj's latest Sound In Motion compilation, mixed by James Zabiela. OK, there's some nice track selection (funky electro here, bumping tech-house there), but Zabiela seems so bent on making the monotone beats match up, things don't get moving till halfway through both CDs. And at that point, who cares? Sound is by no means a bad set, but at more than 140 minutes, it should grab me by the neck or ass. It does neither.
- NewsDownload a New Mix from Tycho
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsStream Different Sleep's Dreamy Debut EP for Friends of Friends
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player