Jan Jelinek Avec The Exposures La Nouvelle Pauvrete
- Words: Martin Turenne
- Label: ~scape
Easily the most lighthearted release of Jan Jelinek's illustrious career, La Nouvelle Pauvret? finds the German producer breathing life into dub-techno's emaciated frame. Here, the Berliner lifts his scalpel away from soulful black forms, choosing instead to carve up a chunk of white rock history. Narcotic melodies take precedence throughout, mixed high above Jelinek's typically click-ridden ambience. Like so many of his cohorts in the digital realm, this German figures it's high time he picked up a microphone, though his bashful monotone on "A Waste Land" won't soon cause Neil Diamond to lose any sleep. At times danceable, at times contemplative, La Nouvelle Pauvret? moves laptop music one step closer to the center. MTV, here we come.
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player