Jan Jelinek Hub Tierbeobachtungen
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: ~scape
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Jan Jelinek’s best loops find humanity in the machine. He extracts the richest milliseconds from simple tones–a note from a jazz organ or a guitar’s hum–and loops them without falling into numbing redundancy. This MP3-only release has his post-techno compatriots remixing such loops from his underrated Tierbeobachtungen album and launches them in brilliant and sometimes baffling directions. Thomas Fehlmann and Frank Bretschneider’s dusk-lit guitar textures and drones treat Jelinek’s most evocative moments as engines for Autobahn trips. In the other corner is Andrew Pekler and Hanno Leichtmann’s digital cut-up of feedback, crowd chatter, and jagged tones. Ah, the things humans do to machines.
- Feature20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
- NewsDJ Sprinkles Plans Brief North American Tour
- NewsCheck Out New Mixes from Joy Orbison and Objekt
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsRoman Flügel Shares New Track from Upcoming LP
XLR8R Downloads Player