Jan Jelinek Hub Tierbeobachtungen
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: ~scape
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Jan Jelinek’s best loops find humanity in the machine. He extracts the richest milliseconds from simple tones–a note from a jazz organ or a guitar’s hum–and loops them without falling into numbing redundancy. This MP3-only release has his post-techno compatriots remixing such loops from his underrated Tierbeobachtungen album and launches them in brilliant and sometimes baffling directions. Thomas Fehlmann and Frank Bretschneider’s dusk-lit guitar textures and drones treat Jelinek’s most evocative moments as engines for Autobahn trips. In the other corner is Andrew Pekler and Hanno Leichtmann’s digital cut-up of feedback, crowd chatter, and jagged tones. Ah, the things humans do to machines.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3kidkanevil "Thousand Year Forest (One for Yosi)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player