Jan Jelinek Hub Tierbeobachtungen
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: ~scape
- XLR8R Rating: 7/10
Jan Jelinek’s best loops find humanity in the machine. He extracts the richest milliseconds from simple tones–a note from a jazz organ or a guitar’s hum–and loops them without falling into numbing redundancy. This MP3-only release has his post-techno compatriots remixing such loops from his underrated Tierbeobachtungen album and launches them in brilliant and sometimes baffling directions. Thomas Fehlmann and Frank Bretschneider’s dusk-lit guitar textures and drones treat Jelinek’s most evocative moments as engines for Autobahn trips. In the other corner is Andrew Pekler and Hanno Leichtmann’s digital cut-up of feedback, crowd chatter, and jagged tones. Ah, the things humans do to machines.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player