Jan Jelinek Kosmischer Pitch
- Words: Doug Morton
- Label: ~scape
Leaving the precision mathematics of his Farben material behind, Jelinek returns to Stefan Betke‘s ~scape label, descending deeper than ever before into superbly disconnected territory. All formulaic constraints removed, the album unfolds like an uninterrupted daydream. The soft, cycling cadence of "Planeten In Halbtrauer" and "Vibraphonspulen" rolls weightlessly alongside tracks like "Lithiummelodie I" and "Western Mimikry," which draw on fragments of obscure instrumentation and calm, melodic facsimiles to continue the hypnotic orbit of the work as a whole. Starry-eyed and spontaneous, Kosmischer Pitch steps out through the space-shuttle door and doesn‘t look back.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player