Jan Jelinek Tierbeobachtungen
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: ~scape
Jelinek's Kosmischer Pitch was perhaps the ultimate homage to'70s Krautrock's most expansive psychonauts (e.g., Harmonia, Sand, Ash Ra Tempel). On Tierbeobachtungen, Jelinek refines the techniques he deployed there to similarly time-traveling ends. All six pieces follow a similar M.O.: Jelinek painstakingly assembles infinitesimal scraps of sound (analog-synth irregularities, wisps of guitar feedback, warped bells) until they coalesce into epic, ever-intensifying psychedelic collages. In the process, phantom tones haunt his tracks' peripheries, adding to the prevailing mood of momentous, ominous tension. What Jelinek accomplishes here is the sonic equivalent of constructing the Sistine Chapel from junkyard detritus."
- MP3Marley Carroll "First Thought, Best Thought (Little People Remix)"
- NewsFour Tet Streams Final Forthcoming Percussions Tracks
- NewsCheck Out a 40-Minute Live Set from Juju & Jordash
- NewsPixelord, DZA, 813, and Others to Appear on Upcoming Russia-Focused Compilation
- FeatureHi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player