Jan Jelinek Tierbeobachtungen
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: ~scape
Jelinek's Kosmischer Pitch was perhaps the ultimate homage to'70s Krautrock's most expansive psychonauts (e.g., Harmonia, Sand, Ash Ra Tempel). On Tierbeobachtungen, Jelinek refines the techniques he deployed there to similarly time-traveling ends. All six pieces follow a similar M.O.: Jelinek painstakingly assembles infinitesimal scraps of sound (analog-synth irregularities, wisps of guitar feedback, warped bells) until they coalesce into epic, ever-intensifying psychedelic collages. In the process, phantom tones haunt his tracks' peripheries, adding to the prevailing mood of momentous, ominous tension. What Jelinek accomplishes here is the sonic equivalent of constructing the Sistine Chapel from junkyard detritus."
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player