Jan Jelinek Tierbeobachtungen
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: ~scape
Jelinek's Kosmischer Pitch was perhaps the ultimate homage to'70s Krautrock's most expansive psychonauts (e.g., Harmonia, Sand, Ash Ra Tempel). On Tierbeobachtungen, Jelinek refines the techniques he deployed there to similarly time-traveling ends. All six pieces follow a similar M.O.: Jelinek painstakingly assembles infinitesimal scraps of sound (analog-synth irregularities, wisps of guitar feedback, warped bells) until they coalesce into epic, ever-intensifying psychedelic collages. In the process, phantom tones haunt his tracks' peripheries, adding to the prevailing mood of momentous, ominous tension. What Jelinek accomplishes here is the sonic equivalent of constructing the Sistine Chapel from junkyard detritus."
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player