Jan Jelinek Tierbeobachtungen
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: ~scape
Jelinek's Kosmischer Pitch was perhaps the ultimate homage to'70s Krautrock's most expansive psychonauts (e.g., Harmonia, Sand, Ash Ra Tempel). On Tierbeobachtungen, Jelinek refines the techniques he deployed there to similarly time-traveling ends. All six pieces follow a similar M.O.: Jelinek painstakingly assembles infinitesimal scraps of sound (analog-synth irregularities, wisps of guitar feedback, warped bells) until they coalesce into epic, ever-intensifying psychedelic collages. In the process, phantom tones haunt his tracks' peripheries, adding to the prevailing mood of momentous, ominous tension. What Jelinek accomplishes here is the sonic equivalent of constructing the Sistine Chapel from junkyard detritus."
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsStream Submerse's Upcoming Debut Full-Length, 'Slow Waves'
- MP3Juan Ramos "The Mariner"
- NewsCheck Out Another Track from Rustie's Upcoming LP for Warp
- NewsRicardo Villalobos Readies 'Voodog' 12"; Preview It Now
XLR8R Downloads Player