- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Paw Tracks
Though now thought of as a "folk" group, what has always made Animal Collective so compelling is their appropriation of varied and sundry stylistic approaches. Sheathed within their hazy, shamanistic acoustic world has always been a heartpulse borrowed from Neu! and minimal techno. So it's no surprise to see AC's Noah Lennox (a.k.a. Panda Bear) and fellow Other Music employee Scott Mou, known collectively as Jane, make that link more overtly. Berzerker is a set of four Valium-fueled, New Age techno tracks recalling Cluster, if not Deuter. If that sounds absurd, it comes off with soul-searching aplomb.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
XLR8R Downloads Player