- Words: Alexis Georgopoulos
- Label: Paw Tracks
Though now thought of as a "folk" group, what has always made Animal Collective so compelling is their appropriation of varied and sundry stylistic approaches. Sheathed within their hazy, shamanistic acoustic world has always been a heartpulse borrowed from Neu! and minimal techno. So it's no surprise to see AC's Noah Lennox (a.k.a. Panda Bear) and fellow Other Music employee Scott Mou, known collectively as Jane, make that link more overtly. Berzerker is a set of four Valium-fueled, New Age techno tracks recalling Cluster, if not Deuter. If that sounds absurd, it comes off with soul-searching aplomb.
- NewsWatch the Video for Clark's "Riff Through the Fog"
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
- NewsMaya Jane Coles to Helm Next Fabric Mix Album
XLR8R Downloads Player