Jay Denham Black Nites 2.0
- Words: Derek Grey
- Label: Equator
Detroit native Denham has released tracks by Gayle San on his own Black Nation label; now San returns the favor with this release on his label from Denham. Big Jay is known for no-nonsense tracks that barrel down the freeway like an Escalade doing 90. "100 Years Later" and "Shadows" temper the relentless drum programming with subtle samples and distant synth fragments that pierce through the thick, percussive exhaust like fractals of sunlight through a cracked industrial roof.
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- MP3Astronomar "Gargoile (Massacooramaan Remix)"
- MP3Shiva "Dark Moon"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player