Jay Denham Black Nites 2.0
- Words: Derek Grey
- Label: Equator
Detroit native Denham has released tracks by Gayle San on his own Black Nation label; now San returns the favor with this release on his label from Denham. Big Jay is known for no-nonsense tracks that barrel down the freeway like an Escalade doing 90. "100 Years Later" and "Shadows" temper the relentless drum programming with subtle samples and distant synth fragments that pierce through the thick, percussive exhaust like fractals of sunlight through a cracked industrial roof.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player