Jean-Claude Vannier L'Enfant Assassin Des Mouches
- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: B-Music
The arranger for Serge Gainsbourg's classic Histoire de Melody Nelson, Vannier surpassed his French associate with his own 1972 LP, L'Enfant Assassin des Mouches, which inexplicably remained out of print until its 2005 reissue. L'Enfant emits a cornucopia of compellingly eccentric sounds, both musical and found. It is polymorphously perverse, restlessly style-hopping among psych rock, jazz, funk, baroque prog, musique concrte, and unclassifiable madness. Vannier's orchestrations and choirs veer between whimsical and menacing, and his flamboyantly dizzying arrangements convince one that L'Enfant has enough fascinating facets around which to base an awesome film-preferably by Alejandro Jodorowsky.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- MP3Desto "Healing (Alternate Take)"
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- MP3Physical Therapy "Whitelabel (Nautiluss Remix)"
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player