Jedi Mind Tricks Visions Of Ghandi
- Words: Carleton Curtis
- Label: Babygrande
Jedi Mind Tricks makes you feel like a pussy. Like fellow "raw rap" purveyors M.O.P. and Pharaohe Monch, the Philly-based duo of Stoupe and Vinnie Paz (former JMT member Jus Allah had beef, so he bounced) deliver an aural ferocity not unlike a pit bull on Red Bull. Stoupe's thick, Latin-laced beats bulldoze a path for Vinnie's fiery, execution-style flow: "I'll peel the top of your fucking face off/Like an orange/And I'll eat the carnage." Exhausting, exhilarating shit here-if you can stomach it.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsListen to a New Track from Teebs' Upcoming Sophomore LP
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
XLR8R Downloads Player