Jedi Mind Tricks Visions Of Ghandi
- Words: Carleton Curtis
- Label: Babygrande
Jedi Mind Tricks makes you feel like a pussy. Like fellow "raw rap" purveyors M.O.P. and Pharaohe Monch, the Philly-based duo of Stoupe and Vinnie Paz (former JMT member Jus Allah had beef, so he bounced) deliver an aural ferocity not unlike a pit bull on Red Bull. Stoupe's thick, Latin-laced beats bulldoze a path for Vinnie's fiery, execution-style flow: "I'll peel the top of your fucking face off/Like an orange/And I'll eat the carnage." Exhausting, exhilarating shit here-if you can stomach it.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
XLR8R Downloads Player