Jedi Mind Tricks Visions Of Ghandi
- Words: Carleton Curtis
- Label: Babygrande
Jedi Mind Tricks makes you feel like a pussy. Like fellow "raw rap" purveyors M.O.P. and Pharaohe Monch, the Philly-based duo of Stoupe and Vinnie Paz (former JMT member Jus Allah had beef, so he bounced) deliver an aural ferocity not unlike a pit bull on Red Bull. Stoupe's thick, Latin-laced beats bulldoze a path for Vinnie's fiery, execution-style flow: "I'll peel the top of your fucking face off/Like an orange/And I'll eat the carnage." Exhausting, exhilarating shit here-if you can stomach it.
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Flying Lotus, Hard Wax, SBTRKT and More
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
XLR8R Downloads Player