Jel Soft Money
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Anticon
Anticon‘s long been a standard-bearer for innovative hip-hop, and with this full-length from co-founder Jel, the label continues that tradition. To be fair, though, Jel‘s album spans more than just hip-hop. The album slices and dices genres throughout, and the music sounds all the better for it. He showboats his flow on the opener, "To Buy a Car," a collection of commercial snippets and anti-materialistic messages, but "All Day Breakfast" sounds like nothing so much as a lushly beautiful landscape translated into music.
- FeatureRecord Store Week: Pearson Sound, Matias Aguayo, Leon Vynehall, and Gerd Share Their Favorite Shops
- NewsWatch Eprom's Menacing New Video for "Center of the Sun"
- GearArtist Tips: Dusky Details Five Techniques for Producing Precise, Club-Ready Tracks
- MP3Aashton "I've Had Enough"
- NewsStream 'Gem Drops Four' Featuring The Range, Pixelord, Natasha Kmeto, Anenon, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player