Jel Soft Money
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Anticon
Anticon‘s long been a standard-bearer for innovative hip-hop, and with this full-length from co-founder Jel, the label continues that tradition. To be fair, though, Jel‘s album spans more than just hip-hop. The album slices and dices genres throughout, and the music sounds all the better for it. He showboats his flow on the opener, "To Buy a Car," a collection of commercial snippets and anti-materialistic messages, but "All Day Breakfast" sounds like nothing so much as a lushly beautiful landscape translated into music.
- GearKiNK Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Studio Set-Up
- GearWatch Ikonika Build a Beat in 10 Minutes
- NewsWatch a Video for "Girl," the A-Side of Jamie xx's Upcoming New 12"
- NewsOstgut Ton to Release 'Berghain' and 'Panorama Bar' Mix Series as Free Downloads
- NewsCheck Out a New Documentary on the Spread of Balearic Music Culture
- Locals Only: Prins Thomas Shares His Five Favorite Spots in Oslo
- 20 Questions - Robert Hood Talks Underground Resistance, Kraftwerk, and Cheese Grits
- Hi-Five - Dauwd Selects His Favorite Tunes from the Kompakt Catalog
- 20 Questions - Teebs Talks New Album, Low End Theory, and Playing 'Street Fighter' with Flying Lotus
XLR8R Downloads Player