Jel Soft Money
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Anticon
Anticon‘s long been a standard-bearer for innovative hip-hop, and with this full-length from co-founder Jel, the label continues that tradition. To be fair, though, Jel‘s album spans more than just hip-hop. The album slices and dices genres throughout, and the music sounds all the better for it. He showboats his flow on the opener, "To Buy a Car," a collection of commercial snippets and anti-materialistic messages, but "All Day Breakfast" sounds like nothing so much as a lushly beautiful landscape translated into music.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- FeatureHi-Five: Tin Man Selects His Top Acid Tracks
- September 18: New Forms Festival 2014 with Oneohtrix Point Never, Hieroglyphic Being, Helena Hauff, Madlib, and More
- September 24: Decibel Festival with Marcel Dettmann, KiNK, FaltyDL, John Roberts, Steffi, Simian Mobile Disco, and More
- October 15: Amsterdam Dance Event with Four Tet, DJ Koze, Jon Hopkins, Karenn, Ben UFO, Floating Points, MCDE, Talaboman, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player