Jennifer Johns Heavyelectromagnetic...
- Words: Ross Hogg
- Label: Nayo Movement
Oakland native Jennifer Johns will inevitably draw comparisons to Jill Scott, and possibly to fellow Oakland Youth Chorus alumnus Goapele, but be clear: Johns is her own artist. From the opening 808 kick of "Heavy" to the spoken word/d&b of "Do You Believe In Love" to the doleful ambitious cover of Sade's "Cherish The Day," Johns proves that she's an original voice.
- GearArtist Tips: Marcel Dettmann's Five Keys to Being a Good DJ
- NewsDownload a Lush Ambient Production from xxxy
- NewsCheck Out John Talabot's Remix of Bicep, Download an "AltMix"
- NewsSoundCloud Announces Advertising, Royalty Collection, Subscription Service
- NewsAvalon Emerson Gives Away Remix and Edits Collection
- 20 Questions: Jackmaster Talks Fast Food, Rubadub, and Coping with the Endless Party Loop
- Get Familiar: Dark Entries
- 20 Questions: DJ Harvey Talks Surfing, Rock 'n' Roll, and the Meaning of Life
XLR8R Downloads Player