JFB No Destination EP
- Words: Rob Smith
- Label: One Eye
JFB (Jammy Fu**ing Bastards) hail from Brighton, UK and bring four tracks of fun, each with its own vibe. "The Temple Ball" fluctuates between a kind of breakbeat mambo and a Moroccan dub sand-dance with cuts and scratches-it's cooler than you might think. The title track continues the filmic flavor, but is set in darker, deeper borders, slightly upping the tension. Then comes "Banana," which is just bonkers! More sand-dance, but this time in a drum & bass style, complete with killa drop into Amen and subness. By now, the desert sandal that is "Escape from Cuba" comes as no surprise, and suitably rounds off this ace slate. Good work and loads of fun.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- NewsListen to Girl Unit's Crystalline Remix of Little Dragon
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
XLR8R Downloads Player