Jimi Tenor Beyond the Stars
- Words: Luciana Lopez
- Label: Kitty-Yo
Jimi Tenor renamed himself after his favorite instrument-the tenor sax-and his love of woodwinds and brass remains after a 10-year career. Just listen. A Finnish native, Tenor toes the line between the sincerity of homage and hipster irony, melding jazz, lounge and some strains of rock and funk. Opener "Barcelona Sunrise" oozes like candy syrup, while "Moon Goddess" brings in strong horns. Sometimes he falters, as with "Sirens of Salo," whose tweeting birds don't help the choir vocals much. But then Tenor comes back with the subtly epic, subdued "Gamelavad," and all is forgiven.
- GearAKAI Unveils APC40 MkII and Rhythm Wolf Drum Machine and Bass Synth
- MP3Dengue Dengue Dengue! "Banana"
- NewsBoiler Room's 'Beats Unraveled' Series Continues with a Version of Shlohmo's "Places"
- NewsNicolas Jaar, 3 Chairs, Jamie xx, DJ Koze, and More Announced for Dekmantel 2014
- GearArtist Tips - Max Cooper Details Five Ways to Focus Your Artistic Vision and Tighten Up Your Productions
XLR8R Downloads Player