Jimmy Edgar Bounce, Make, Model
- Words: Cameron Macdonald
- Label: Warp
What will be the butcher's bill of metrosexualized hip-hop after all the credit card and child-support debts are tallied up? Jimmy Edgar embodies that genre with pedicured and indoor-tanned style over substance. His excursions as Kristuit Salu and Morris Nightingale brilliantly explored microwave-damaged glitch-hop, but Bounce is just too safe. Edgar takes Playboy Channel groove-jazz and stutters each melody and beat to create an autistic bump 'n' grind. The results have a glaring coolness with cologne-ad synths and harmonies that fetishize unisex bodysuits. This music verges on clichÈ, but it's faboulous what a dab of mousse and facial cream can hide.
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
- NewsThe Lowdown: This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with FaltyDL, Dekmantel, Randomer, and More
- FeatureXLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- NewsR&S Readies Debut Outing from Alma Construct, Streams Lead Track
- NewsThe Great American Techno Festival Announces Dates and Initial Line-Up
- XLR8R's Top 20 Downloads of July
- Dekmantel: How Some Fanboys from The Hague Found Themselves at the Helm of One of Electronic Music's Best Festivals
- Trainwreck: DJ Slugo Recounts the Time He Found Himself in the Middle of a Hotel Room Brawl
- 20 Questions: FaltyDL Talks NYC Dance Crews, Tripping in Nature, and Motorcycle Gunslinging
XLR8R Downloads Player