- Words: Janet Tzou
- Label: Crafty Catch
You gotta feel for Jin. After a promising welcome by Ruff Ryders, this exceptional MC has been struggling to make his voice heard. ABC shows Jin going the way of Coco Lee-another Asian-American artist marketed to foreign audiences, rather than his US fans-a depressing reflection of the music industry's continuing attitude towards Asian-Americans in 2007. ABC cries for a stronger producer: Jin's raps surge with passion but require edits, with misdirected food references and a dated pop sensibility catering to overseas listeners. Don't give up, Jin: Asian-Ams will wait for your next American album, forever.
- GearWatch Goth-Trad Make a Beat with Ableton Live
- NewsWatch Jeff Mills' 1998 Red Bull Music Academy Lecture
- NewsWatch Just Jam Sets from Mount Kimbie, Loefah, Omar Souleyman, and More
- MP3Kenji Kawai "Making of a Cyborg (Rope Re-Interpretation)"
- NewsThe Lowdown - This Week's XLR8R Top 10 with Untold, Tycho, Jam City, and More
XLR8R Downloads Player