- Words: Dave Segal
- Label: Onitor
With a title like Plusism, this album should be bustling with maximal activity. But no: Toronto producers Tomas Jirku and Robin Judge are minimalists to the core. Furthermore, they have Basic Channel/Chain Reaction DNA running through their laptops. Jirku/Judge fuse the Germans' reduction of dub's sonic fragmentation and illusion-mongering to a smorgasbord of clicks-and-cuts-y tonal smudging, then send them all on their merry way with gliding, restrained 4/4 beats, like Process with an excess of rum in his belly. Jirku/Judge's music is easy to peg, but that doesn't make it any less interesting or rewarding.
- FeatureReal Talk: DVS1 on Respect, Photography on the Dancefloor, and the Battle Between Art and Entertainment
- GearDntel Shares Five Essential Pieces from His Home Studio
- PodcastSimian Mobile Disco
- NewsAphex Twin Talks 'Syro,' Gear, '90s Rave Culture, and More in Extensive New Interview
- NewsWatch the New Video for Jamie xx's "Sleep Sound"
XLR8R Downloads Player